Members do not see ads
General view of children playing in the gardens. The Castle Grounds and Terrace were created in 1870. The land for them was leased from the Earl of Jersey by the Rochester Corporation. In 1883 the Corporation bought the land from the Earl. This garden layout was removed in 1931. This property is managed by Medway Council.
©English Heritage.NMR ‑ used with permission