• Last 7 Days Top 10 Images

    Lord Street, Southport, c. 1950s


    Added by @iamtimbo 3 weeks ago / Views: 173
    In Gallery: Merseyside

    This postcard was sent in 1954 by 'Em' to Miss Walters in Weaverham, Northwich. It's taken looking north east from next to Beales (which closed in...

    View detail


    Richmond Town Cricket Club, 1924


    Added by @iamtimbo 5 years ago / Views: 708
    In Gallery: Sports Variety

    Terribly well presented 1st XI of the Richmond Town Cricket Club, taken in 1924. Players featured are Jackson, Hickox, Harris, Greenfield,...

    View detail


    Hampstead High Street, London, late 60s/early 70s


    Added by @iamtimbo 5 years ago / Views: 12228
    In Gallery: Hampstead High Street, London, c. early 1970s

    View from outside the greengrocers, with the Bird in Hand pub on the other side of the road. A newer building on the site is now (2015) a...

    View detail


    J J Allen's Auxiliary Depository, Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, c. 1920


    Added by @iamtimbo 5 years ago / Views: 2829
    In Gallery: Dorset Miscellaneous

    Taken looking north along Holdenhurst Road, showing J J Allen's Depository, along with the many shops fronting the street. Shops discernible...

    View detail


    Bell Farm House, Harrietsham, Kent, c. 1898


    Added by @iamtimbo 4 years ago / Views: 889
    In Gallery: Old Cottages and Farm Houses in Kent and Sussex

    The images in this album are from a 1900 book entitled 'Old Cottages and Farm Houses in Kent and Sussex'. According to the book, the images are...

    View detail


    Staff of Mac Fisheries, Wimborne Minster, c. 1930s


    Added by @iamtimbo 5 years ago / Views: 2189
    In Gallery: Wimborne Pictures

    The staff of Mac Fisheries stand outside the shop on the High Street. Image courtesy of Winston's Blighty Barber Shop.

    View detail


    St Martin's Church, Tipton, c. 1900s


    Added by @iamtimbo 3 years ago / Views: 2877
    In Gallery: Staffordshire Miscellaneous

    This iteration of St Martin's Church in Tipton was known locally as the 'pepperpot' (for obvious reasons!), and was opened in 1795, closing in the...

    View detail


    The Crown Hotel & 'Lillies of the Valley', Wimborne Minster, c. 1910


    Added by @iamtimbo 3 years ago / Views: 2764
    In Gallery: Dorset Miscellaneous

    A detailed close-up of the front of the Crown Hotel - where Costa Coffee and Barclays are now - complete with coachmen and footmen on hand. The...

    View detail


    Chain Gate, Wimborne, c. 1890s


    Added by @iamtimbo 4 years ago / Views: 2072
    In Gallery: Dorset Miscellaneous

    My best guess is that this is where the Cowgrove Road turns off the bottom of St Margaret's Hill, the large building in the picture being the St...

    View detail


    Coronation Day, Bramley Park, June 22nd 1911


    Added by @iamtimbo 7 months ago / Views: 377
    In Gallery: West Yorkshire Miscellaneous

    Children (3,000 apparently!) celebrate the Coronation of King George V.

    View detail


    Our Town Story Members do not see any ads