Members do not see ads
This photograph shows a mixture of motor vehicles and horse-drawn vehicles waiting outside Fenchurch Street Station in 1912. Although the motor car was invented in the 1890s horse-drawn vehicles continued to be used alongside them until the mid 20th century. The photograph was taken for the carriage company Nelson Line, who were presumably the compnay who owned the horse and carriage in the forground that is advertising 'Summer Excursions'.
©English Heritage.NMR ‑ used with permission