Members do not see ads
This building is the main surviving building of the medieval Maison Dieu, founded in 1230, which was similar to a small monastery. It acted as a 'hospital' for the overnight lodging of pilgrims travelling to Canterbury.
It is a building with a 13th century base and early 16th century timber-framed first floor which is jettied. It is thought to have originally been a priest's house. It was at one time a shop and is now used as a small Museum. It is in the care of English Heritage and managed by the Faversham Society.
©English Heritage.NMR ‑ used with permission