Members do not see ads - sign up - it's free!
An exterior view of the hardware store taken from the road. According to the National Archives:
"The 1911 Kelly's Directory gives the following description of the business; 'Wyatt Brothers, wholesale and retail ironmongers, plumbers, sanitary and hot water engineers, oil and color merchants, cutlers, gasfitters and sewing machine agents, 1 Market Place'
The firm took over the premises in 1907 from 'Lindsay and Dalrymple, also ironmongers. Most customers were from Blandford and the surrounding area and included firms such as Boots Ltd as well as schools, hospitals, Dorset County Council and private individuals. Wyatt Bros were still in existence in 1939."
©English Heritage.NMR ‑ used with permission