Sittingbourne, Kent, England, ME10 4

About Sittingbourne

Sittingbourne is an industrial town situated in the Swale district of Kent in south east England, 17 miles (27 km) from Canterbury and 45 miles (72 km) from London. The town sits beside the Roman Watling Street, an ancient British trackway used by the Romans and the Anglo-Saxons and next to the Swale, a strip of sea separating mainland Kent from the Isle of Sheppey.

The town became prominent after the death of Thomas Becket in 1170, since it provided a convenient resting point on the road from London to Canterbury and Dover.

From Wikipedia - click for full entry

Sittingbourne Locality

Profile Stats:

Members do not see ads

HRGS & Our Town Story

iamtimbo
@iamtimbo
21 Oct 2017 16:31:07
63 posts

Hi, there,
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for having me down to talk about OTS, both on Thursday evening and this morning at the Hub. It's great to see such an engaged, enthusiastic and active group, and it's a real privilege to be 'let in'!
There's been a couple of suggestions that we will work on implementing (if they're possible!), particularly the clarity of the tabs within the profiles (for Gallery, Videos, etc), as well as event notifications.
I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Tim

updated by @iamtimbo: 19 Nov 2017 21:41:12
tonygray
@tonygray
22 Oct 2017 09:51:07
1 posts
Great to have you to talk about OTS at our meeting and thanks for your time yesterday to give some 1-2-1 advice and tutorial help to local people.  We have a lot of interest in OTS.  Good to have somewhere where history can be recorded through photos and forums which are searchable and we can explore. So much going on Facebook etc but the memories then just disappear into the ether.  Good luck with the project - it has so much potential.  It will help us tell the story and heritage of Sittingbourne and hopefully help me get a feel of the places where my ancestors grew .
Tony (volunteer at HRGS)
iamtimbo
@iamtimbo
22 Oct 2017 11:59:06
63 posts
Absolute pleasure! :)